Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Introducing Ann Morris, bilingual children’s author

This is a guest blog post by Ann Morris, author of Mommy and Mikel Go for a Walk.

Photo by Maryellen Photography 
I am a promoter of learning.  Having been a Spanish teacher for nearly 20 years, I worked for Iowa Workforce Development as a bilingual representative and was Coordinator for the New Iowan Center.  I worked with many community agencies that serve a multitude of cultures new to our country, including our Latino friends.  I write children's books in English as well as in Spanish, hoping to encourage not only children learning to read, but to encourage other language learners to be challenged likewise. 
Mommy and Mikel Go for a Walk / Mikel y Mami dan un paseo are my first pair of books.  This is based on a true story.  Mommy and Mikel went for a nature walk one day and he was extremely observant and curious about everything.  Then, he spotted a mystery animal, which took us to the library to learn what it was.  It is a fun story, and children of all ages love it!

I have a second pair of books soon to be released, Surprise in Auntie's Garden! / ¡Sorpresa en el jardín de la tía!  The story is about my niece Erin and I and our adventure learning of a surprise that Erin found in my flower garden. I included positive adult role models and curious children with unique learning experiences in each story. 
 
I have also began working on my third book pair. Each story is an adventure for me as well as for the characters!

I am in the process of developing a new website to accommodate all of my books and a new logo soon to be unveiled! 

DBR Books Blog will keep you posted on author Ann Morris book adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment